Friday, June 16, 2006

18-month check up and a new park





Emily had her 18-month check up today. She won’t be 18 months until next week but she is getting over an ear infection so we just had it early. She weighs 24 ½ pounds and is 33 ¼ inches tall. So that puts her in the 75 percentile for weight and 95 % for height. Which doesn’t surprise me because she just towers over other kids her age. I have a lot of tall people in my family, somehow I didn’t get that tall gene but I have passed it on to Emmy. Her ear infection is gone now and she is doing really well in all other areas. The doctor was pretty impressed that she knows most of her body parts and a whole slew of animal sounds (her monkey sound is my favorite).
After going to the doctor I wanted her to get to have some fun so I took her to a park we’ve never been to before in Maryville. It has really nice play ground equipment but there is absolutely no shade so we didn’t stay for very long. She really enjoyed going down the big tube slide all by herself. The funny thing is that her hair would get a lot of static in it when she came down. As you can see, she looked pretty darn cute with her hair sticking up all over the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home